Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

S3 Road Trip 4/8

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Prestige
I will be taking my 2016 Audi S3 Prestige on its first road trip tomorrow, I am super excited. I am going down to Annapolis in a hotel for my birthday. I will be out of town for two days and will be posting updates. As of today, this car has over 2100 miles on it, I bought the car last January. Updates will come in fuel economy in all driving modes and the miles it has, and I will be using a Wifi zone so I will not have to use all the unused data I have on my phone.

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Have a safe trip, looking forward to your feedback.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3
Have fun.[driving]

OP
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Prestige
Thread Starter #4
I will be leaving tomorrow, I'm in the process of packing my stuff and putting it into a car with a ten cubic foot trunk. I think it will be pretty fun. I think I might use launch control and go down a road using that for the first time.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Happy birthday and have a great trip.

OP
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Prestige
Thread Starter #6
Happy birthday and have a great trip.
Thanks! The trip actually involved my dad, my cousin and I all in my car, it was actually pretty fun. We are staying at a hotel in Annapolis that overlooks the Severn River. The room we got has the nicest view ever, that actually does overlook the Severn River.

OP
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Prestige
Thread Starter #7
S3 Road Trip Update 4/8: While driving down Route 32 in Comfort mode (one way), 34.1 MPG average. In Clarksville, refuel, reset trip computer, change to Dynamic mode, go down Route 32 down to Annapolis (one way), 27.6 MPG average.

The S3 handled pretty well, especially with three people and a trunk full of stuff. When we got to a gas station, coincidentally, I saw an A3 1.8L and the owner of it could not even tell it was an S3. We (my dad, my cousin and I) are going to stay in a hotel in Annapolis for the next two days, and probably eat seafood and eat a birthday cake along with crab. Next update coming either tomorrow and/or April 10.

OP
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Prestige
Thread Starter #8
S3 Road Trip Update 4/9: Even though I am posting this a day late, here is the update for yesterday. I stayed at the hotel with my dad and cousin the entire day. We ate some seafood at the diner there, it was good for the first time. And being that it was my birthday, room service surprised us with a cake, but at the top of it was a crab. And I got an email from the S3 Forum wishing me a happy birthday. The S3 did not go anywhere on that day.