Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

seems like an eternity

picard

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
A1 2.0l TDI 2013
hi everyone, at the moment I am the proud owner of a beautiful 2.0l tdi A1 sportback I can now truly say I have the audi bug! I have just been to jardine motors at Wolverhampton and paid my deposit on a Daytona grey s3 sportback with all the trimmings.... only problem is the 1st march 2016 seems like an eternity away. only 221 days to go.

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
That's one heck of a wait. I wish Audi made the Sportback available here in the States.

OP
P

picard

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
A1 2.0l TDI 2013
Thread Starter #3
I tried to get it for my birthday in October but the earliest build date is at the end of the year, I might has well wait another 2 months and get it on a 16 plate. it was a toss up wether to go for the sportback or the saloon they are both dope but the sportback is more practical[raceflag] took it for a testdrive on Saturday and gave the launch control a test....awesome!! are there many s3's in the states?

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
I would go crazy if I had to wait that long haha. I haven't seen many S3's on the road but I know that they are selling.

I tried to get it for my birthday in October but the earliest build date is at the end of the year, I might has well wait another 2 months and get it on a 16 plate. it was a toss up wether to go for the sportback or the saloon they are both dope but the sportback is more practical[raceflag] took it for a testdrive on Saturday and gave the launch control a test....awesome!! are there many s3's in the states?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea
What I Drive
2016 S3
hi everyone, at the moment I am the proud owner of a beautiful 2.0l tdi A1 sportback I can now truly say I have the audi bug! I have just been to jardine motors at Wolverhampton and paid my deposit on a Daytona grey s3 sportback with all the trimmings.... only problem is the 1st march 2016 seems like an eternity away. only 221 days to go.
I'm still waiting on my 15 October delivery date...

OP
P

picard

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
A1 2.0l TDI 2013
Thread Starter #6
how long does it take in the states from paying your deposit to getting the car?

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
how long does it take in the states from paying your deposit to getting the car?
8-12 weeks depending how much allocation each dealer receives. Dealers in larger markets will get their orders sooner, but the average wait is 8-12 weeks.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2016 s3
Damn...and im over here crying over 5 weeks...t-minus 12 days

Hostile254

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea
What I Drive
2016 S3
Good news for me is that my cars body is built and is now being painted! Any ideas on how long it take for the factory to complete the build?

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Good news for me is that my cars body is built and is now being painted! Any ideas on how long it take for the factory to complete the build?
Your delivery might be faster since you are in Europe. I was told it takes a month for us to get ours after the build completion.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3
Damn...and im over here crying over 5 weeks...t-minus 12 days
I know the wait was unbearable for me too haha. It will be worth it my friend.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea
What I Drive
2016 S3
Your delivery might be faster since you are in Europe. I was told it takes a month for us to get ours after the build completion.
Update: As of 3 August my car is now complete and released for shipping/transport. Factory build time from start to finish was about 7 days. Now I wait for delivery.

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Update: As of 3 August my car is now complete and released for shipping/transport. Factory build time from start to finish was about 7 days. Now I wait for delivery.
Exciting[twothumb]