Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Magnetic ride question

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
How comfortable in comfort mode?

Here on the UK magnetic ride is an extra and was not on my demo car
I found the normal ride acceptable when having fun but on the motorway it was tiring and unsettled

Thabks

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Magnetic ride is a great option to have, but even on comfort mode the ride is still fairly stiff. That being said, I don't find the ride to be comfortable even on long road trips.

evornoss

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Dominican Republic
What I Drive
1998 SLK230 AMG
Magnetic ride is a great option to have, but even on comfort mode the ride is still fairly stiff. That being said, I don't find the ride to be comfortable even on long road trips.
So it's uncomfortable all the time?

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3

ScoobyS3

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
Magnetic ride is a great feature, but don't feel bad if you didn't opt for it. It's great to have but by no means a must. In comfort mode the ride is still firm.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Prestige
I don't recommend getting the magnetic suspension. When I was car shopping, I test drove an S3 with the magnetic suspension and 19" wheels, and in dynamic mode the ride is not very comfortable. I have seen people who have had dented and bent rims, tire issues and suspension errors. And all the automotive journalists who don't actually buy and live with these things say "oh, you have to get the magnetic suspension", just stick with the base suspension and the 18" wheels. I don't regret ever getting mine without the magnetic suspension and 18" wheels.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
I have it but I have never used the non mag ride version before. I do like it. it seems very soft. ill be getting springs to fix this right up. I am only hesitant because of the suspension cels that might show up and that I will be voiding warranty. so I have yet to do it myself. but overall its fun to be able to switch it with a button.

I recommend doing it as it can be hard or softer.

jfglass

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3
No issues on my '16 Black Optic Prestige. I do leave it in Comfort (individual) for the wifey. You do know mag shocks are OEM on Ferrari, Corvette?

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
No issues on my '16 Black Optic Prestige. I do leave it in Comfort (individual) for the wifey. You do know mag shocks are OEM on Ferrari, Corvette?
They are also used on Cadillacs too.