Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Newbie from Toronto Canada

S_333

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2015 s3
Hey everyone

Picked up my 2015 s3 two weeks ago. Coming from the subaru world (2 stis and a wrx) it's quite the change. My wife has a q5 and used to have a 2008 a3. I've been in love with audi ever since our first a3 in 2008. I was nervous to step into this car because I absolutely loved my 08 sti.... but man do I ever love this s3. I have nothing but love for subarus, and nothing bad to say. The awd was second to none. The torque was unreal with a mild stage 2 tune. The class and style of my new s3 is unreal. I love driving it and look forward to stepping into it every morning. Anyway I would like to keep this car clean and stock. I only want to relocate the licence plate to obtain the look of the full grille. If anyone knows where to find a good tow hook mounted licence plate relocation kit let me know. Thx

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Welcome man, responded to your other thread.

OP
S_333

S_333

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #3
Welcome man, responded to your other thread.

Hey thanks buddy. Saw your reply. Not sure which route I want to go. The eBay kit seems to be the way I'm leaning. Thanks for the reply.

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Congrats and welcome, the S3 is a beast to drive. Lately my wife and I have been taking turns driving it to work lol.

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Congrats and welcome aboard

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2016 s3
Hey S_333, im from the Toronto area too (Markham to be exact). Ill be picking up my 16' in about a month and wanted to do the exact same! Did you end up buying it from ebay, if so which one? Also, when you picked up your car, did they drill into the front bumper to mount the front license plate?

Hey everyone

Picked up my 2015 s3 two weeks ago. Coming from the subaru world (2 stis and a wrx) it's quite the change. My wife has a q5 and used to have a 2008 a3. I've been in love with audi ever since our first a3 in 2008. I was nervous to step into this car because I absolutely loved my 08 sti.... but man do I ever love this s3. I have nothing but love for subarus, and nothing bad to say. The awd was second to none. The torque was unreal with a mild stage 2 tune. The class and style of my new s3 is unreal. I love driving it and look forward to stepping into it every morning. Anyway I would like to keep this car clean and stock. I only want to relocate the licence plate to obtain the look of the full grille. If anyone knows where to find a good tow hook mounted licence plate relocation kit let me know. Thx

OP
S_333

S_333

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #7
I live 30 min west of you buddy. The licence plate actually has a mount that comes off of the grille. So there aren't any holes directly in the bumper/grille itself. In the how to section on this forum there is a thread about removing the front plate mount. I did order the eBay tow hook mount. I haven't received it yet. It was about 100 Canadian (shipped). I am a little nervous to take the tow hook out though. I don't want to scratch anything and if I decide to put it back in, I don't want it to look hacked. I'm undecided on what I'm going to do. If anyone knows how to take the tow hook cover off without damaging anything let me know. Thanks

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2016 s3
Im confident that the tow hook cover will come off with simple trim removal tools (the yellow ones in the DIY for Front License Plate Frame Removal). Which one did yo ubuy from ebay? are you able to send me the link?

I live 30 min west of you buddy. The licence plate actually has a mount that comes off of the grille. So there aren't any holes directly in the bumper/grille itself. In the how to section on this forum there is a thread about removing the front plate mount. I did order the eBay tow hook mount. I haven't received it yet. It was about 100 Canadian (shipped). I am a little nervous to take the tow hook out though. I don't want to scratch anything and if I decide to put it back in, I don't want it to look hacked. I'm undecided on what I'm going to do. If anyone knows how to take the tow hook cover off without damaging anything let me know. Thanks

OP
S_333

S_333

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #9
Reactions