Welcome to Volkswagen Golf Alltrack Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Panoramic Sunroof Leaking?
0 Likes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Panoramic Sunroof Leaking?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I am looking at purchasing a 2017 Alltrack SE, however, I have heard concerns about the panoramic sunroof leaking. Has anyone experienced this?

I emailed service managers at several different VW dealerships to see if they are seeing this issue.
    One service manager said, "The panoramic sunroof has had some issues in the past, but we have not seen any leakage on the newest version sunroof."
    Another service manager said, "We have seen one for a roof leak and we were able to repair it under warranty. It had a body seam that the weld was not done properly."
    A third service manager said, "A large majority of the leaking issues with the panoramic sunroofs stems from the drains and channels not being properly cleaned during service visits. I always recommend to customers with vehicles equipped with sunroofs to have the drains and channels cleaned out with compressed air. Especially when vehicles are parked outside as opposed to in a carport or garage, debris can find its way through the seals and into the water channels that drain excess water during heavy rain. If the channels backup, they usually will leak onto the floorboards or right next to the sun visors."

Have you heard anything about this?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard about the blocked drains, but not the others.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've parked my car outside during hurricane Harvey without any issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had asked several dealers during my shopping excursion about any problems with leaking. Talking with the service managers from a few of these dealers, no reported issues. I would highly recommend the panoramic roof as it really is cool once you have it.

New Member theguywiththelongestname's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Alltrack SE went in to the dealer today for leaking panoramic sunroof. Water stains on the cream headliner and front pillars. Original panoramic shade assembly was totally replaced earlier this year under warranty due to malfunctioning shade retraction (July/August 2017). So, at 10,000 miles in, I'm not really digging the panoramic roof right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

13,000 miles on my 2017 Alltrack SE. My daughter pointed out to me the water stains on the roof just last week. After a weekend trip to Boston that included heavy rain in Cape Cod, I opened the rear hatch to find a puddle of water sitting on the cargo cover. UGH! Damn VW! Had water drainage issues on a 2002 Passat years ago. Flooded the whole floor of the car. After just going through the whole TDi disaster with two Jetta TDi's, and now this on a brand new car. Damn VW! So unimpressed. Back to the dealer I go.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ggads View Post
    13,000 miles on my 2017 Alltrack SE. My daughter pointed out to me the water stains on the roof just last week. After a weekend trip to Boston that included heavy rain in Cape Cod, I opened the rear hatch to find a puddle of water sitting on the cargo cover. UGH! Damn VW! Had water drainage issues on a 2002 Passat years ago. Flooded the whole floor of the car. After just going through the whole TDi disaster with two Jetta TDi's, and now this on a brand new car. Damn VW! So unimpressed. Back to the dealer I go.
    Wow sorry to hear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ggads: sorry to read about your leaking roof. do let us know how it turns out...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all. Took my 2017 Alltrack in for the VW dealer to evaluate the leaking sunroof. They said they found a "kinked drainage tube in the right rear of the drain channel". They replaced the part as well as installed a new headliner. Here's to hoping it doesn't happen again! Love the car. But love the Audi Allroad more! Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    My leaking panoramic roof was diagnosed by VW warranty service with a bum weld that didn't allow a proper fit with the rubber widow seal rubber gasket. They removed the glass, ground down the faulty weld to spec, reinstalled the glass with new rubber seals. Also installed a new headliner to replace the water-stained one. I haven't been in the rain or even a car wash yet...

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast